My name is Jeanette...... and I failed at staying on target last year miserably. I'm completely taking responsibility for it because the blame is with myself. I ate junk, sat around, and let myself gain a pound here... and a pound there. Over time it resulted in 32 pounds of extra weight that is completely and totally my OWN fault.
At 38 years old looking at 39 this year and 40 next year... it's time I took control over my health and made the life change to be in the shape I need to be in for a number of reasons:
- General Health
- Training for my Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
- Being in proper condition to feel good about the way I look
So I started my journey, again, and have been doing the new changes since January 4th, 2016. I started at 183 lbs. I'm now at 177 lbs and falling. My goal is to be at 140 lbs by May which I think is obtainable.
So what have I been doing?
Diet: 1200 Calories a day and 40 g fat (I use Myfitnesspal to track my progress)
Exercise:
I have the following basic workout schedule
- Monday-Rest
- Tuesday- Insanity(morning), Tae Kwon Do (night)
- Wednesday- 30 Day Fast Start with Jackie Warner
- Thursday- Insanity (Morning)
- Friday- Rest
- Saturday- Tae Kwon Do
- Sunday- 30 Day Fast Start with Jackie Warner
I've completely cut out ALL soda, and tried eating a lot healthier (Fruits and Veggies, calorie appropriate snacks that satisfy any sweet cravings I have, and I weigh ever few days or so.
OH and I've started drinking infused waters which make water SO MUCH MORE TASTY! I'm looking forward to all the fruit combinations I can create and always up for suggestions during my journey!
So far, I'm not hungry and I'm able to get through all the workouts... CAVEAT... INSANITY almost killed me this morning (First Class.. WOW)
Hopefully through blogging my progress and getting with others who encourage me to keep it up I'll have some great before and after photos for my transformation!
I'm going to try doing weight updates once a week so I'm not obsessing over the scale... and I'll do updates on the workouts to let you know how they are going. If this blog can inspire a mommy to take control of her health, then I've done something good. If anything... it will give me a way to look back and see just how much progress I've made from where I came from.
OK....Today's workout..
INSANITY is INSANE and I like it...
Did I make it through... yeah... barely. I felt like I was going to hurl afterwards so I think I had the right intensity ha ha ha. We did burpees, frog jumps, planks and pushups, running, jumping, lunges etc etc etc. It was 4 exercises, 30 seconds each in succession with a 30 second break in between (times 3 sets of the 4 exercises). Then we switched and did a separate 4 targeting another area... I think all in all we did 4 different circuits. It was definitely a workout and not a beginner one.

No comments:
Post a Comment